The new playlist will be able to have different backends. And all playlist is handled the same way. It should follow the current API quite closely with some modifications.
- All playlist calls should have a "identifier" argument ( playlist_new (identifier), playlist_clear (identifier), playlist_add (identifier) )
- Signals should be emitted with the identifer argument
- a new call that switchs current playlist to identifer should be implemented (playlist_switch (identifer))
The primary storage backend for playlists should probably be a sqlite db. (not using the current medialib.db, but playlists.db because of locking issues).
Rough todo list:
- Make playlist module able to switch backend
- add identifer to each call
- make a sqlite backend
- remove current playlists implementation in medialib.c
- add other backends?
backends should be able to only overrule certain calls to playlist module. like xmms_playlist_advance for example. possible api:
b = xmms_playlist_backend_register ("backend name"); xmms_playlist_backend_add_method (XMMS_PLAYLIST_BACKEND_ADVANCE, my_advance);
- How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Collections
- Continued Thoughts on Collections
- Reply to 'Continued Thoughts on Collections'
- Reply to "Reply to 'Continued Thoughts on Collections'"
- Reply to "Reply to 'Reply to 'Continued Thoughts on Collections"
- Reply to Â« Reply to "Reply to 'Reply to 'Continued Thoughts on Collections" Â»
- Subsequent Reply